Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gluten Free Easy Dinner: Salmon, Rice and Side Salad


Easy-Peezy Dinner.
I don't know about you, but after we get home from work we hardly want to spend hours in the kitchen. This can barely be claimed as a unique recipe, but sometimes its hard to come up with even quick and easy gluten free menu options, so I figure I'll share.

Salmon, Rice and Spring Salad Recipe -15 minutes
skinless fillet of salmon, 1 per person
1 lime
dash of lime pepper spice
dash of garlic salt
dash of cracked rock salt
dash of pepper
1 cup rice
Spring salad mix- 1 bag
3 tbsp red white vinegar
3 tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
Garlic
1 tbsp Dijon mustard

Cook rice, bring 1 cup rice with 2 cups water to a boil. Cook until fluffy and water has boiled out. Quite truthfully my rice making skills remain woefully inept. I know there is a perfect rice/water ratio, but I inevitably add more water to my rice as it drys out before the rice is tender enough, so generally cook rice with a bit more attention than I know is good for it.

Sprinkle salmon with lime pepper spice, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Cook on both sides 2-4 minutes on medium heat, until opaque. Squeeze lime juice over plated salmon.

For Salad Dressing: Mix red wine vinegar, olive oil, diced garlic and mustard together and pour over spring greens.

No comments: